Dota 2 Weekly Patch Update No.2 and Latest News
Hello everyone and welcome to another weekly update session! :) As we have said before Valve has decided to publish the weekly updates of the DOTA 2 BETA on the official blog and we will be covering that too, as usual! Also, we will be including all the latest news from the BETA, leaks and any other thing that has been said or posted on DOTA 2!
This week's main features
- Kunkka is introduced to the game.
- Bloodseeker is introduced to the game.
- Practice Bots are enabled in the game.
Now let's see these features in detail.
The legendary admiral is back to the game! If you are wondering how come he has so much attention in terms of concept art, remember that Kunkka is also the graphic designer that did most of the designs for DotA and is currently working with Valve on DOTA 2. Back on topic, have a look at Kunkka in game here:
Our favorite and much anticipated Bloodseeker is back! The first hero that we ever laid eyes on from DOTA 2 is now in the BETA! Check out his in-game model here:
Basically Practice Bots are what they are called; Bots for practice! Practice Bots can be used to practice, test strategies and train yourself when you can't play with other people. These Bots have some AI and you can use ping commands to order them around for specific strategies. You can ping on an opponent tower to push it, ping on your own to defend and on an enemy hero to gank him.
Though they can follow your commands, the Bots take initiatives of their own and they can use the chat to notify you of their motives. For example, they might:
- Let you know when they're coming to your lane for a gank.
- Communicate when they're fleeing or losing a fight.
- Indicate their high priority targets in upcoming team fights.
- Expose their thinking about whether they should push or defend their lanes.
- Call for assistance versus Roshan if they think the timing is right.
As for the future, the announcement states that the next features that will be added to the game regarding the Practice Bots are the following:
- User specified difficulty levels, so you can tune them to your skill level.
- Deeper control over your allied bots, so you can command your team at a high level. For instance, you might want your team carry to not join a fight, and instead keep farming their lane. Note that they do a good job of making these kinds of decisions themselves, but if you really want to be hands-on, you can.
- Support for several more heroes.
Valve decided that it wants to monitor your "Abandoned Games"; i.e. games that you left before they ended. No information has yet been given out on how the number of Abandoned Games, aka leaves, will affect an account. We believe it is just a matter of time until some system get's implemented and it get's into the BETA to be tested.
Vengeful Spirit Reworked
Vengeful Spirit in-game model has been redesigned to look darker, sexier and closer to the model she had in DotA1. An interesting change and one that we definitely welcome!
New Hero Icons
The image speaks for itself! All the heroes, old and new additions, combined together in a compilation that works as a sneak peek for what is to come! Click on the image to enlarge it and read the portrait names!
Another long post has come to an end, we hope you enjoyed it and got informed on all the latest! Stay tuned, new things are comming up and we are also planning a new BETA Key contest soon! Until then!
Finally, we will close the section of the BETA update with the actual Patch Notes:
- Enabled Kunkka and Bloodseeker.
- Enabled Bot Support
- Fixed some creep aggro behaviors
- Fixed Juggernaut's Omnislash not ministunning the initial target.
- Fixed Juggernaut's Healing Ward not having an AoE cursor.
- Fixed Critical Strikes (both Juggernaut's and item-based) not denying correctly.
- Fixed Ion Shell being dispelled during Bladefury.
- Fixed Razor's Static Link working on Juggernaut while he is omnislashing.
- Fixed Doom gaining a ranged attack by orb walking after eating a ghost creep.
- Fixed Dazzle's Shadow Wave, it now properly deals physical damage, and damages magic immune units.
- Fixed Ancients not regenerating.
- Fixed Lich's Dark Ritual being usable on couriers.
- Fixed players instantly losing vision of dying units.
- Fixed the radius of vision players get from attacking units.
- Fixed units being knocked back into trees potentially getting stuck.
- Fixed Ring of Basilius, it no longer automatically resets its toggle state on death.
- Fixed Illusions doing significantly reduced damage to buildings.
- Fixed a bug that prevented selection hitboxes from scaling along with the unit.
- Fixed a bug where creeps would over-commit to defending an allied hero being attacked.
- Adjusted juke areas around Dire Side Shop.
- Added support for muting voice & text chat of other players via the scoreboard.
- Fixed a bug with item combining when the courier brings items to a hero in fountain range.
- Changed how upgradable items are displayed in the shop: now all upgrade levels are shown in the combine tree.
- Upgradeable items, such as Necronomicon, now show the upgrade level in their shop tooltips.
- Added Legacy key support for Juggernaut.
- Fixed a bug where players who bought items while dead in range of the side or secret shop would have their items drop on the ground.
- Changed secret shop item color to teal.
- Updated player slot colors.
- The player's own minimap icon now shows their player color.
- Fixed a bug that prevented camera movement while spectating a game directly (not via DOTA TV).
- Fixed several issues with Fog of War while spectating.
- Illusions in the portrait and multi-unit selection UI now show the illusion status effect.
- Vengeful Spirit's Magic Missile is more obviously a projectile now.
- Beastmaster's Wild Axes now flow along the ground, and are more prominent overall.
- Completed a rough pass over the Dire Secret Shop.
- Added a new custom effect for Lich's Frost Armor.
- Lich's Chain Frost is now more visible.
- Vengeful Spirit now has a new model and weapon.
- Added bloody footprints to Axe's Cull effect.
- Fixed a bug that caused portraits to sometimes have missing (or extra) body parts on Heroes.
- Added more voice content to several heroes.
- Added Dire Defeat music piece.
Source: dota-two.com (Cooperative Site)